Residential Electric Vehicle Rebates + Incentives
WG+EV is an outreach program provided by WG+E to inform our customer about the savings and benefits that come from choosing an electric car. If you are considering a plug-in vehicle, we have all the resources to learn more. If you’re already driving a plug-in vehicle, WG+E can help you get set up with charging at home, at work, and all over town.
State + Federal Rebates and Incentives
The U.S. federal tax credit gives individuals 30% off a ChargePoint Home Flex electric vehicle charging station plus installation costs (up to $1,000). Must purchase and install by December 31, 2020, and claim the credit on your federal tax return.
WG+E “Dollar a Gallon” Rewards (Off-peak Charging Program)
Simply set your car to charge between 8 pm and 8 am on weekdays and complete the enrollment process. You’ll then earn a $10/month credit on your WG+E electric bill for Level 2 charging or a $5/month credit on your WG+E electric bill for Level 1 charging. With WG+E’s low electric rates, this could be like paying just $1/gallon equivalent of electric driving!*
You are eligible to participate if you:
- Own or lease a battery electric vehicle (BEV) or a plug-in hybrid (PHEV)
- Have a WG+E residential electric account that you use to charge your EV
- Charge at Level 1 (120 volts) or Level 2 (240 volts)
- Maximum enrollment is limited to 2 EVs per household
*$1 per gallon equivalent is based on an average EV efficiency and average miles driven per month combined with WG+E’s low electric rate and a $10 bill credit, as compared to an average compact/mid-size gasoline only vehicle. Actual cost per e-gallon equivalent will vary depending on vehicle efficiency and the number of miles driven per month.
WG+E Level 2 Charging Rebate
Earn a $400 rebate to help offset the cost of installing some or all components of a Smart, WiFi capable Level 2 system for higher speed charging at your home. Customers will then be eligible to enroll in the “Dollar a Gallon” EV rewards program described above.
- If you do not have a “Smart, Wi-Fi capable charger” but still have a level 2 EVSE charging unit, you can still apply for and receive a $200 rebate
- The rebate may be used to pay for a licensed electrician’s services, electrical and/or the charging equipment
- Maximum enrollment is limited to 2 EV charger rebates per household
Contact Us for more information.
Haven’t received your rebate after 10 weeks? Contact Keziah for your status!