IT Support Technician
Westfield Gas + Electric (WG+E) is seeking an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who wants to join our team. In 2015 the Department launched Whip City Fiber (WCF) which is a new high speed (one gigabit) fiberoptic internet service to Westfield and are also assisting the surrounding hill town areas gain long-awaited internet connectivity via Whip City Fiber.
WG+E/WCF is accepting applications for the full-time position of IT Support Technician. This individual will provide level one technical support to internal (fellow employees) and external (residential and commercial) customers experiencing problems caused by basic software issues or operating systems. Familiarity with setting up, configuring and educating customers on use of streaming devices and applications is also strongly desired.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying hardware and software needed to provide solutions to problems, provide telephone, face-to-face and online support and download and install appropriate software. He/she will also provide end user training as needed.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Ability to provide customers with outstanding customer care and service at all times.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in computer systems and streaming services.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours as schedule demands.
- Ability to communicate problems with supervisors as they become known.
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of methodology to run computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions.
A generous benefit package accompanies the job offer, although relocation services are not provided. Qualified candidates are requested to complete an application found online by Friday, February 28, 2020.