Westfield Gas + Electric is accepting applications for a Lineman. This individual is responsible for the installation, removal, maintenance, repair, reporting and documentation of the various systems and devices utilized by the Department as part of its electric facilities infrastructure for the purpose of providing reliable and safe power distribution.
Position is a Civil Service Labor Class appointment and probationary period applies.
Minimum entrance requirements include but are not limited to:
- Qualified Lineworker under LAM (c.149 s 129c)
- Four (4) years training through an approved apprentice line program
- Massachusetts Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Hoisting Engineers license and backhoe operating license, or ability to secure within six months of appointment.
- Must have knowledge of the tools, equipment, procedures and techniques as applied to testing, calibrating and repairing electrical equipment, locating and testing underground facilities, and performing Dig Safe surveys.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and be capable of interpreting and following technical instructions and drawings.
- Working knowledge of 23,000 volts.
- Working knowledge of an underground distribution system with regard to layout, operation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work flexible hours and to quickly respond to emergency events after business hours.
An attractive wage and benefits package is associated with this position. Relocation assistance not provided.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete the Municipal Labor Service Application found online by Friday, September 24, 2021.
Send via US mail to:
Westfield Gas & Electric
P.O. Box 990
Westfield, MA 01085-0990
Attn: Human Resources
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls.