Westfield Gas + Electric/ Whip City Fiber is accepting applications for the position of Network Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the data, fiber, and voice network. This role will provide complex, high-level technical support for Internet Service Provider and network management applications; and carry out novel and/or complex assignments requiring the development of new and/or improved techniques and procedures.
Individual must be proficient in designing and deploying a world class data and fiber optic network. Responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
1. Champion of new technologies which will yield best in class results for current and future growth of data and fiber networks.
2. Vendor management, technology review and key selection partner, maintenance plans/scheduling and operation of Internet Service Provider fiber network components.
3. Support of in place data network architecture along with proposed design growth potential to include local and regional partners.
4. Is a subject matter expert in majority of the following: TCP/IP, Carrier Ethernet (E-LINE, E-LAN), Routing, Switching, MPLS (L2/L3VPN), IPv6, BGP, OSPF, QoS, Network Programmability, Network Function Virtualization, Hyper Converged Infrastructure network appliances.
Furthermore, the Network Manager will;
1. Maximize current business relationships in proactively proposing more cost effective and efficient technologies in support of their organizations.
2. Explore new avenues of technological growth opportunities with area businesses.
3. Work hand -in-hand with the Key Accounts Manager searching out new business opportunities throughout the region. Assist with technological presentations and small government fiber optic solutions.
4. Technological point of contact for newly acquired businesses opportunities and act as trouble escalation representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of large scale fiber optic support systems experience.
- Five years of experience in purchasing technology related products and services.
- Eight years’ experience with IP network design and management including recent experience with Cisco, HP, Nokia, and Ciena specific implementations (experience with Juniper, Adtran, and Calix a plus)
- Ten+ years of Information Technology/Fiber Engineering Services experience.
- Experience and advanced knowledge of common engineering design principles and methodologies with ability to read and understand engineering specifications and documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems; Engineering or equivalent business experience
A very generous benefit package accompanies job offer, although relocation services are not provided. Candidates are requested to complete an application found online. Applications will be accepted through October 22, 2021.
Please, no phone calls.