Utility Engineer Aide C
WG+E is accepting applications for the position of Utility Engineer Aide C.
A qualified applicant would be one who is an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a high performing team and enjoys the sense of pride from responding to the needs of a tight-knit community. We are looking for an individual who seeks to make a positive change and improve the overall functions of his/her work area through efficiencies and reduction of waste.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Performance of all types of electronic drafting duties associated with electric, gas & telecommunication engineering.
· Recording of field notes and make inspections as necessary; makes sketches, drawings and maps and prepares various forms and records relative to the work.
· Assist and follows up work done by contract crews assigned; reports any unusual conditions to the supervisor.
· Assist engineers and other personnel with system analysis and other complex engineering studies as assigned.
· Provide meter and service locations and performs inspections.
· Prepare proposed construction drawings, cost estimates, reports, charts and graphs.
· Perform basic testing and programming functions associated with electric and electronic gas metering equipment.
· Prepare working prints and associated drawings from the CAD and/or GIS.
· Prepare work orders and material requisitions.
· input of utility distribution information into the Department’s geographic information systems, computer aided drafting and other mapping systems, SCADA and general database and customer relationship management
Qualifications must include:
· Must have a two-year Associates Degree in Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent experience in simple layout and design of a gas, electric and/or telecommunications utility distribution system.
· The applicant should have knowledge and experience, in the following software, including, but not limited to:
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Access
· Microsoft SQL Server (or other high level database)
· ESRI ArcGIS
· Autodesk AutoCad
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers, both internal and external.
· The ability to compute minor calculations, follow written and verbal instructions, and comprehend financial and technical statements and data.
· Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check, pre-employment drug screening and have a valid driver’s license.
An attractive wage and benefits package is associated with this position. Relocation services are not provided.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an application found online at www.wgeld.org under “About WG+E” and attach any additional documents by Friday, August 2, 2019.