Utility Engineering Aide Field Technician (Utility Locator)
WG+E is accepting applications for the position of Utility Engineer Aide - Field Technician (Utility Locator).
A qualified applicant would be one who is an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a high performing team and enjoys the sense of pride from responding to the needs of a tight-knit community. We are looking for an individual who seeks to make a positive change and improve the overall functions of his/her work area through efficiencies and reduction of waste.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Respond to Dig Safe requests within or outside normal working hours in a timely and accurate manner. Report record and documentation inaccuracies or problems to Supervisor.
· Uses maps, testing and measuring equipment to locate and mark electric, gas and telecommunication facilities in field prior to excavation (Dig Safe).
· Assists Engineering with updating, and maintaining gas, electric and telecommunication maps and databases by performing field investigations.
· Inspect road repairs and checks conformance to specifications.
· Assists in field surveys and layouts of above and below ground facilities.
· Report to supervisor any unusual problems, issues, time constraints or questions incumbent is unclear about.
· Performs other related work as required or assigned.
Qualifications must include:
· Minimum of five-years practical field experience performing utility locates and using utility locating equipment
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to read, understand and follow detailed operations and maintenance procedures.
· Ability to qualify under “Operator Qualifications” initiative.
· The applicant should have knowledge and experience, in the following software, including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Autodesk AutoCad
· Knowledge of laws and regulations related to 220CMR113, and DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations Part 190 through 195.
· Must understand and have the ability to implement Department emergency procedures.
The candidate must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check, pre-employment drug screening and have a valid driver’s license.
An attractive wage and benefits package is associated with this position. Relocation services are not provided.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an application found online at www.wgeld.org under “About WG+E” and attach any additional documents by Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
No phone calls, please.