Quantitative Energy Supply Analyst
Westfield Gas + Electric is accepting applications for the position of Quantitative Energy Supply Analyst. A qualified applicant would be one who is an energetic, active and self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a high performing team and enjoys the sense of pride from responding to the needs of a tight-knit community. We are looking for an individual who seeks to make a positive change and improve the overall functions of his/her work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the Department’s electric and natural gas energy markets participation including, but not limited to, electric supply offers and demand bids, natural gas nominations, data transfer, and invoice review and approval.
· Determines short- and long-range energy load forecasts, supply requirements, and estimated power supply costs.
· Develop and utilize position tracking and hedging applications.
· Provide portfolio modeling and management reports.
· Engage in regular market assessments and identify environmental and political trends that may impact our financial position.
· Reconciles actual energy purchases, transmission and transportation charges with invoices received, in accordance with terms and conditions of counter party contracts.
· Assists with cost of service studies and rate tariff modifications.
· Supports Departmental energy conservation and demand side management programs.
· Assist with departmental budgeting activities.
· Provide analytical support across divisions
Qualifications must include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
· Knowledge of the daily, monthly and longer term processes an electric utility conducts with ISO New England and energy suppliers preferred.
· Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS); MS Windows certification credentials highly desirable
· Ability to work cooperatively with labor and management personnel alike.
· Demonstrated capabilities with data analysis programming language, such as R and Python preferred, as are advanced data visualization skills.
· Ability to create complex spreadsheets, reports, graphics, and presentation documents.
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
· Strong quantitative analysis capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Knowledge of database programming and/or applications.
An attractive wage and benefits package is associated with this position. Relocation services are not provided.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an application found online at www.wgeld.org under “About WG+E” and attach any additional documents by Friday, August 16, 2019.
Please, no phone calls.