With the warm weather comes your chance to participate in Westfield Gas + Electric’s free and voluntary program to help control energy costs.
What is a Power Rush Hour? During the summer in New England we have hot days when energy consumption is high, particularly between the hours of 10 AM and 8 PM “Road hogs” like air conditioning, dishwashers, and other appliances can significantly affect overall energy demand during these times. Because distribution charges are set based on usage during these “peak” times we want to work together to help hold these costs down for everyone.
This summer, we will email customers when a peak day is expected. Any time you reduce your total energy use you’ll see savings on your bill. For Power Rush Hour, you can make a difference when you shift your electric use to lower demand hours of the day.
- Turn off lights and unneeded appliances when you leave the room.
- Set your thermostat a few degrees higher during hot summer afternoons.
- Run the dishwasher or washer and dryer early in the day or wait until after 8 PM
- Charge your Electric Vehicle (EV) during off “peak” hours on weekdays and learn how to earn a bill credit for doing this with our “Dollar a Gallon” EV Rewards.
- Check out additional energy efficiency + savings tips on our website.
You can save money and help us to keep wholesale power costs low and stable for all of Westfield. Call us with any questions at 413-572-0100.